The purpose of our work is to bring a positive impact on the daily management of the colonies:
- a decrease of varroa reproduction rate during the year
- higher performance on crops thanks to healthier bees and longer over the seasonal period
- exit from the logic of calendar treatments
- decrease management costs
- a balance between productivity and hive health
Saturated mating areas with 3 drone lines (3 Drones) with a high self-hygienic capacity and varroa resistance traits, in which female lines with the same characteristics are rotated, are the guarantee of queen bees that combine a level of heterosis and vitality to the hereritability of varroa resistance traits and a higher tolerance to viruses: a necessary balance for competitive and performing beekeeping in the future.